In 2023 we are building on past successes to make 2023 a fantastic year to be at Kingaroy State High School. In 2023, the school will have 3 key focus areas.
Focus area 1: Responsibility.
Knowing each student's learning progression is essential to making sure they are on track for positive educational outcomes. Setting clear expectations for every student and every school supports them to achieve. This means we:
• have a common goal that every student achieves at least one year of learning growth each year
• have clear expectations for schools and help them to differentiate support so every student realises their potential
Focus area 2: Respect.
The diversity of our staff, students and school communities is our greatest strength. By valuing culture and creating inclusive teaching and learning environments, we are driving equity and excellence across every state school. This means we:
• embrace diversity by creating welcoming, inclusive and accessible educational settings
• value student, community and stakeholder voice in our approach to teaching and learning.
Focus area 3: Resilience.
Being healthy, confident and resilient is a foundation for engaging in learning. With a focus on wellbeing of all staff and students, we create a sense of belonging and a positive environment for teaching and working. Designing and delivering meaningful pathways for every student is key to lifting learning outcomes. This means we:
• know each student and understand what works best for them
• recognise the importance of engagement and wellbeing for staff and students in achieving learning outcomes.
Kingaroy State High School's explicit improvement agenda is we will:
· Know our students
· Know the Curriculum and
· Know how to teach effectively
So that every child can learn and grow at Kingaroy SHS.
2023 will be a fabulous year, there are going to be some outstanding outcomes and some outstanding opportunities for learning, and I look forward to working with you all this year.